Re: [GENERAL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table?
Date
List pgsql-general
At 18:04 +0300 on 21/7/98, Dan Delaney wrote:

> That sounds like it might work. I'll give it a try. However, the
> graphics I'm going to be inserting are not very large, like 50 to
> 100k, I'd like to be able to do it without using the large object
> interface. Anyone have any ideas?

You can't. There is a limit on the tuple size, restricting it to 8k. If you
could guarantee that your images are no more than, say, 1K - I'd say you
can uuencode them or translate to hex, and put it in a text column. A byte
array is another option. But in the 50k to 100k, it's large objects.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma